“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.” – Maya Angelou
Are you searching to get more out of life? Does your daily grind wear you down? Do you want to feel inspired, energized, enthusiastic, creative, and filled with joy? Sounds great, right? Where do we sign up?
You sign up with your intention to live a better way. And that better way begins the moment you permit yourself to absorb all the goodness and positivity that life has to offer.
While there’s no doubt that you’ll experience some trials and tribulations, encounter difficulties and challenges that may seem impossible to overcome, feel sadness, pain, anger, and other powerful emotions, suffer loss and endure hardship along the way, you’ll also find that these won’t defeat your life’s mission: to thrive.
This is, in my view, the best way to live.
It’s not enough to survive the day. That’s just existence. Living is something so much more than that. To truly live, you must be willing to suffer the inconveniences, mishaps, failures, doubts, pain, and sadness, knowing that you’re putting your energy and focus on the good, the compassionate, what stirs your creative juices, makes you laugh and ignites your love. Furthermore, you do it with your sense of style and grace.
Making the transition from mere survival to enjoying life to the fullest will evolve. You don’t just flip a switch and you’re there. It takes some practice and getting used to it. Here are some tips to get started.
- Every time a negative thought pops into your mind, turn it around to see the positive.
- Tell yourself you deserve to be who you aspire to be.
- Give yourself credit for all the good things you’ve done, the accomplishments you’ve made, and the joy you’ve brought to others.
- When you first open your eyes in the morning, say a prayer of gratitude and welcome the day with a smile.
- Try to see the other person’s point of view, even if you disagree. Be willing to compromise when necessary.
- Strive to obtain the best outcome possible in all endeavors.
- Give your complete effort to everything you do. No half-measures. To live life to the fullest means you give it everything.
- Share what you have with others. This includes your time, your attention, and your love.
- When you’re sad, angry, upset, uncertain, in pain, or feeling alone, know that happiness, calm, balance, certainty, health, and companionship are the other side of these emotions. Be hopeful and initiative-taking. You can get there.
- Never give up. If you breathe, you have an opportunity to live your life according to your wishes, hopes, and dreams.